This turmeric tomato detox soup recipe will help get your body on the right track, whether you have been kicking your workouts butt or needing an extra push.
It is time to check in on your New Year’s resolution, to get fit and stay healthy. Have you been sticking to your routine? Are there ways you can improve? This turmeric tomato detox soup is a simple and delicious way to help reach your health goals plus bring a little nostalgia to those cold winter days!
- 5 oz cherry tomatoes, rinsed and cut in halves
- 1 can diced tomatoes with their sauce
- ½ cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Mixed seeds and nuts, to garnish
- Start by heating the coconut oil in a saucepan.
- Fry the onion and garlic for one minute.
- Add turmeric and cherry tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes soften and leave their juices.
- Add the tomato can, vegetable stock, apple cider vinegar, and basil. Bring to boil, cover with a lid and let simmer for five minutes.
- Transfer into the blender and pulse to obtain a creamy liquid.
- Garnish with mixed seeds and nuts.
Because the soup is packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients, it’s the perfect thing to cleanse and balance your body. Get on the right track today, or trudge forward triumphantly, with this turmeric tomato detox soup.
Check out Detoxdiy, for the original recipe.